Recent Statistics on â€œHard-Workingâ€ Illegal Immigrants
By: William H. Calhoun III
The vast majority of illegal immigrants in America are Mexican, who were once proverbial for laziness and crime, but now are championed by the liberal media (NY Times) and neoconservative media (Wall Street Journal) as â€œhard-working Americans.â€
Statistics, however, show otherwise. A recent study by the Pew Hispanic Center reveals the following:
(1) Hispanics are 3 times more likely than non-Hispanics to receive welfare
(2) Hispanics account for 3/4 of the increase in poverty in the USA
(3) 45% of Hispanic children are born out of wedlock
(4) Hispanic women are 2.54 times more likely to than white women to have abortions
(5) Hispanic men are 9 times more likely than white men to beat their partners
(6) Hispanics are 3 times more likely than whites to die of AIDS
(7) They are 4 times more likely to die of tuberculosis
(8) Hispanics are 2 times more likely to be incarcerated than non-Hispanics
(9) They are 3.8 times more likely to be in prison for murder than non-Hispanics
(10) Hispanic youth are 19 times more likely to be in gangs
(11) Hispanics are 3 times more likely than non-Hispanics to drop out of high school
(12) 55% of Mexican-Americans consider themselves to be Mexican first
How could such statistics be overlooked by the liberal media? Intentionally. They are inconvenient. They contradict the myth that liberals and neoconservatives wish to propagate: the â€œproposition nation.â€
Since the liberal Enlightenment, liberals and (more recently) neoconservatives have championed the idea of a â€œproposition nation,â€ which is a radical break from Western Civilization. What is the proposition nation? It is an abstraction with no real place in culture, time or history. It is the view that by merely believing in a few abstractions (e.g. the American flag is good) one can achieve national identity. If Sanchez believes in X, Y, Z, then, By God, he can be a citizen too!
Prior to recent times, traditionalists have always felt that much more was involved in the composition of a country: a common history, regional loyalty and localities, common bloodlines and genealogy, blood and soil, kin and kith. The ancient Greeks certainly felt this way. So did Medieval Europeans. And so did George Washington, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson â€“ who wanted citizenship only for people of European bloodlines.
Mexicans, however, do not fit into the traditional pattern of citizenship, so liberals want to erase it. Except for a very small European upper class in Mexico, the vast majority of Mexicans are either:
(1) Pure Amerindian
(2) â€œMixedâ€ (mostly Amerindian, with a few drops of Spaniard, and sometimes African, blood)
So, whether they are pure Amerindian or mostly Amerindian, they certainly are not European. What are Amerindians? They are the Asians who immigrated to North America 12,000 years ago. They are not Western. And, consequently, Mexicans have very different value systems. They self-identify as non-white, non-European, as members of Aztlan.
And as the above statistics show, these Amerindians are â€œhard working,â€ hard working at crime, receiving welfare, having abortions, and transforming the U.S. into a third-world nation.
William H. Calhoun is a graduate of the University of Chicago, a conservative, and writer. He can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org