Fairness Doctrine? Bring It On!
By: John Lillpop
At first glance, the Fairness Doctrine being floated by leftist fascists like Diane Feinstein, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and other enemies of free speech sounds prohibitive and scary.
But a real Fairness Doctrine might actually help conservatives if:
* When hiring reporters, editors, commentators, anchors, and other news staff, mainstream media venues were required to hire the exact same number of conservatives as liberals;
* For every Maureen Dowd column it publishes, the New York Times must run a current Ann Coulter column, of equal length, on the same page;
* The PBS “News Hour,” starring Jim Lehrer, must be followed a segment of “The Savage Nation,” hosted by Michael Savage.
* To counter 60 Minutes featuring Mike Wallace, CBS must run a show of equal time hosted by Michael Reagan;
* In order to avoid being excessively “one way,” ABC must fire two leftist feminists from “The View” and replace them with Bay Buchanan and Phyllis Schlafly;
* Spanish-language broadcasts featuring pro-amnesty and open borders propaganda must include commentaries by those opposed to amnesty and illegal immigration;
* Movie theaters running Michael Moore’s Sicko must also run Mel Gibson’s Passion of the Christ, at the same time;
* Air America must be forced to run conservative talent to offset the likes of Randi Rhodes and other leftist nut cases posing as radio hosts;
* The Weather Channel must replace half of its global warming biased staff with skeptics who believe that global warming is only myth, unsubstantiated by real science, and
* Radio and television coverage of political conventions must be completely balanced to assure equal coverage for liberal and conservative perspectives.
If administered fairly, the fairness doctrine could help to dislodge liberal bias in newspapers, television, films, and radio.
In which case, Bring it on!