Good News Abounds!
By: John Lillpop
Yes, the news can be frightening what with Iran working to acquire the nuclear bomb, the sub-prime loan crisis, drought in the southeast, another debate by the Democrats, the ascension of Mike Huckabee, and George W. Bush’s relentless legacy politics.
Still, there is some good news, provided one is willing to hunt for it.
Consider these 10 items:
1. American casualties in Iraq fall dramatically as coalition forces move to win the war that Harry Reid dubbed “lost.”
2. Hillary Clinton exposed as a truth adverse, 60s something leftist who is more concerned about illegal aliens (the Hispanic vote) than she is about the well being and security of American citizens.
More Hillary: By refusing to release files documenting her “experience” in the White House, Clinton’s obsession with secrecy and fear of transparency exposed.
3. Illegal still means ILLEGAL in Oklahoma!
4. French President Sarkozy walks out on Leslie Stahl during 60 Minutes, thereby salvaging the French fry as an American favorite and restoring a semblance of respectability to France and the French people.
5. To the dismay of Senator Barbara Boxer, California Lt. Governor John Garamendi, and countless other liberals, the wildfires in Southern California contained without redeploying 160,000 troops from Iraq to San Diego!
6. Despite predictions that the global warming crisis would cause several devastating storms, zero hurricanes made it to the U.S. mainland in 2007!
7. Rush Limbaugh exposes Harry Reid as a small minded, vindictive twit, all too emblematic of the anti-troops, anti-American left.
8. California Rep Pete Stark (D-Calif.) pleads insanity for his insane behavior on the floor of the U.S. House.
9. Common sense prevails in court of law as the children of Britney Spears are rescued from her alcohol and drug induced world of insanity, and
10. Don Imus returns to airwaves. (Go to hell, Al Sharpton!)
Each of these items proves that common sense is not dead and that good news is still there for those willing to search