SFChron: Obama is a ‘Rare Kind of Attuned Being,’ a ‘Lightworker’
By: Warner Todd Huston
Mark Morford of the San Francisco Chronicle just threw away the last tiny shred of credibility he might have had left by dreamily imagining that Barack Obama is so omniscient, so “ethereal” and so messiah-like that he isn’t a “normal” human being. Maybe Mark thinks he might be an alien from another planet, some trans-dimensional traveler, or maybe an angel come down in human form to lead us sheep into the promised land? I’m not exaggerating either. In his latest piece he calls Obama a “Rare Kind of Attuned Being,” a “Lightworker,” he says he is “ethereal” and “magical” — hello Rush Limbaugh — and feels that Obama is “not really one of us” in the “normal way.” Morford and those who feel like him have lost all touch with reality and the sickness is spreading.
I think that columnist Morford is off his medication, or maybe he’s just drunk, or perhaps he fell on his head recently? Or perhaps Shirley MacLaine came down off the mothership and stole Mark’s computer… something freaky is going on there in San Francisco, anyway. Or maybe what makes me think something weird is in the air out there is just that Morford’s latest editorial is one of the most amazing examples of the wild eyed ranting of the most whacked out Obamessiah believers yet to show up in print instead of just on the nutrooter blogs. Instead of appearing in a purportedly legitimate newspaper, this is the fodder for the fantasy land of a Coast to Coast with George Noory. Instead of serious political discussion, this sort of thing belongs on Jerry Springer.
But get ready to see this sort of insane euphoria spread as Obamessiah dons his no lapel flag vestments and deigns to appear before the people who love him unconditionally, uncritically, and uninformed of anything he really stands for.
I won’t bore you with his whole, nutty piece, but here are just some of the lowlights of Morford’s slavish devotion to the political Svengali that is Barack Obama.
- Barack Obama isn’t really one of us. Not in the normal way, anyway.
- The appeal, the pull, the ethereal and magical thing that seems to enthrall millions of people from all over the world, that keeps opening up and firing into new channels of the culture normally completely unaffected by politics…
- Even Bill Clinton, with all his effortless, winking charm, didn’t have what Obama has, which is a sort of powerful luminosity, a unique high-vibration integrity.
- I’ve heard from far too many enormously smart, wise, spiritually attuned people who’ve been intuitively blown away by Obama’s presence…
- Many spiritually advanced people I know identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul.
- The unusual thing is, true Lightworkers almost never appear on such a brutal, spiritually demeaning stage as national politics. This is why Obama is so rare.
- Those attuned to energies beyond the literal meanings of things, these people say JFK wasn’t assassinated for any typical reason you can name. It’s because he was just this kind of high-vibration being, a peacemaker, at odds with the war machine, the CIA, the dark side. And it killed him.
Have you lost your lunch yet? Well, you may not have lost your lunch, but this pseudo religious tripe may be proof that Morford has lost his sanity!
Naturally, Morford had to revel a bit in his Bush Derangement Syndrome and regurgitated several slams against Bush, but the real message of this rambling little editorial was in this one little segment nestled deep in Morford’s ranting.
(not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual)
And there you have it. Like most extremists, leftists Morford pretends to stand against religion when all the while he is looking for something man made to replace it. Acting as if he is too smart, too cool for superstitious religion, Morford replaces centuries old teachings with this whacked out, new agie, childishness in this case built on a mere politician. But, even as he creates his newfangled religion, like all leftists, he has to attack everyone else who subscribes to a real religion. He must belittle, degrade and ridicule religious people everywhere.
Of course, Morford realizes how silly he sounds to be as starstruck as a 13 year-old girl that is infatuated with the latest rock-n-roll boy band. He even gets so defensive about it he preemptively calls everyone one who will look at him askance all sorts of names.
This is what I find myself offering up more and more in response to the whiners and the frowners and to those with broken or sadly dysfunctional karmic antennae – or no antennae at all – to all those who just don’t understand and maybe even actively recoil against all this chatter about Obama’s aura and feel and MLK/JFK-like vibe.
I see, so if you don’t “get” the Obamessiah fever you are “sadly dysfunctional”? It seems to me that Morford is working himself up to consider “unbelievers” in the same way Torquemada did in the 15th century! Is Morford too far from burning Obama deniers at the stake?
This sort of unrealistic, deification of Barack Obama is the sort of thing that can easily propel him into the White House. It is also the sort of thing that can cause people to imagine his presidency to have been, in hindsight, a bitter disappointment. What sane person cannot realize the expectations for an Obamessiah are simply impossible for Barack to live up to?
You think Clinton’s years in office were retrospectively considered the most wasted opportunity in a life time? Wait until a president Obamessiah turns the big White House key over to a Republican to hear the lamentations of the faithful begin to ring out. The “bitterness” will likely be unbearable.
Apparently, Morford isn’t alone in his silliness. The Politico is reporting that Representative Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D, IL) said Obamaâ€™s victory “overwhelmed him.”
“I cried all night. Iâ€™m going to be crying for the next four years,” he said. “What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nationâ€™s political history. …The event itself is so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance.”
An Obama addition to the Bible? Like I said, the sickness is spreading.
So, I have an idea. Let’s defeat Obamessiah and forego all the gnashing of teeth and wearing of sackcloth that will surely be the result of an Obama presidency!
And if Mark Morford has a nervous breakdown because of it all… well, I don’t know about you, but I am willing to risk that happening.