Obama Sees Lions And Tigers And Bears! OH MY!


By: Michael John McCrae

The Washington Times submitted a report by Joseph Curl entitled: “Doom” talk scored as “non-presidential” on February 9th which attempted to explain the recent democrat rhetoric pointed toward getting the necessary votes for the so-called “stimulus” plan created by Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

That is probably the major rub. Nancy and Harry allowed a pork fest of democratic wants and desire to infect a bill that was supposed to create jobs and the word hit the saner electorate street. The phones have been ringing and the constituencies of all the senators are voicing a mere 35 percent approval of the plan as written. The other 65 percent are threatening to follow in the footsteps of the tax cheating Treasury Secretary Tim Giethner if the democrat’s bacon bill is passed into law. Arlen Specter’s constituents are threatening open revolt if the republican RINO gives in to Nancy Pelosi’s personal holiday shopping list.

Our President has been forced into some very unbecoming FDR-like rhetoric to defend a plan he has already declared a “spending bill” saying basically that he firmly believes government can spend us out of a possible recession, but if we don’t act fast on this particular bill, the nation and the world are doomed!

You can read the article for yourself by searching the title, but the main gist of the article is plastered into the very first paragraph: “[The] President…and top Democrats on Capitol Hill are deploying…stark predictions of doom and gloom to push through their economic-stimulus package. In terms not heard in Washington since the late 1970s under President Jimmy Carter’s watch, the new president has sought to terrify Americans into supporting the $800 billion-plus bailout bill.”

For those of us who suffered through Jimmy Carter’s “misery index” days of high unemployment and double-digit inflation we can see what’s coming. The democrats are overusing the terms “crisis”, “catastrophe” and the biblical “Armageddon” to not just warn people but to “terrify” the electorate into telling their senators to vote for everything Nancy and Harry want from the White House.

No matter what you might hear from the White House, a 7.6 percent unemployment rate still means that more than 90 percent of America’s workers are still employed and producing. That is more reason to remain optimistic. Yet, a steady diet of “gloom and doom” may eventually have a solidly adverse effect on America’s economy.

Quoting the article: “With his fiery rhetoric, the new president runs the risk of terrifying consumers and investors, which could depress the economy even further. While the economy is bad, it is a far cry from Great Depression levels, when as many as 30 percent of Americans were unemployed, compared with the 7.6 percent now.”

At least 60 percent of the people involved in this so-called plan agree that there is very little stimulus and a whole lot of government pork-age in the package. The CBO (Congressional Budget Office) is in an agreement that the nation would probably be better off if there was no plan and we just allowed the American economy to correct itself with the market forces of supply and demand. There is no need to terrorize the women, children and the elderly into believing we’re all going to die without the Obama spending plan.

But this is now a contest between restraint, patience and intelligence versus overreach, rhetoric and fiscal irresponsibility. Guess which side the majority of legislators support?

The Obama Administration isn’t even a month old and the people need Zorro! Zorro defended the people against the corrupt Don’s of his day that sought to steal the freedoms of the people and enslave them to the state! So far the people merely have several Don Quixote-like heroes playing for time but eventually willing to cave if the plans include a pet tax cut or two. A real Zorro would cut his sign of the “Z” for “ZERO” and move the current plan to the congressional shredder!

HEY CONGRESS! HERE’S A NOVEL IDEA! JUST DO WHAT YOU DO BEST! GO ON AN EXTENDED VACATION!

The Wizard of OZ (Obamon Zeal) has left the castle in a big bag of hot air.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.