Rise up! We’re restoring honor
By: Marie Jon'
“We must call upon God, and He will see us through.” â€” Glenn Beck
America will not survive the political and social trials that are to come if we are not engaged in the fight to protect our Judeo-Christian beliefs and our American way of life. We do not want to become a socialist country by “forcing Peter to give to Paul.”
Redistribution of wealth is immoral. We will head in the wrong direction by continually pushing our nation into socialism. We must stop it at the ballot box.
There comes a time when people are shoved to the edge of despair, but then the rush of a mighty wind comes out of the ash heap and awakens a spiritual revival. With humbled hearts, a million or more patriotic and God-fearing people are expected to arrive in Washington, D.C., a few steps below the Lincoln Memorial on August 28th, with a pledge of Restoring Honor at a nonpartisan rally led by Glenn Beck.
GlennBeck.com says of the Restoring Honor Rally â€”
“Throughout history, America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we are able to live as a free people. On August 28, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage, and our future.
“Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth, and honor.
“Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. On August, 28th, come join us in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC” (emphasis added).
That’s a praiseworthy purpose all decent Americans can support.
America in a free-fall
If we had been a more vigilant and wise people, we would have elected a president who shared the same principles as our Founding Fathers. They believed in the teachings of the Holy Bible. America’s birth was premised upon the Christian faith.
Our country has been in a free-fall since President Barack Obama was sworn into office. It will not be enough for us to depend on our own humanity to pull this mighty nation out of the turmoil we find it in today. Too much harm has been done by this tone-deaf and arrogant administration. They have touched every facet of our lives, including our houses of worship. Progressive pastors have used invective and unscriptural teachings to mislead their parishioners and congregations. The emotional stress is taking its toll. America needs divine intervention to help set us on a path of self- responsibility, healing, and righteousness.
Our economy is plummeting. For a growing number of Americans, jobs are nowhere to be found. Things worsen with each passing day. More people than ever before are looking to government for help to sustain them and their families. Americans resent having to live like that. We are naturally a “can do people” with a hard work ethic. It goes against our grain to have to live on an unemployment check.
And when it comes to our foreign and domestic policies, we stand back and shake our heads in disgust and fear. The president, however, loves to party while everything around us falls apart. His mishandling of the oil spill is one example. There is not one day that the American public gets a respite from the president and his destructive Democratic Party.
On Aug. 10, American Thinker ran a visionary article by economist Monty Pelerin titled “Desperate Economic Action Ahead?” Here’s an excerpt:
“The economic condition of the country continues to decline toward its rendezvous with an as yet unknowable catastrophe. Speculation regarding this outcome is natural because self-interest, if not self-preservation, is at stake.
http://mises.org/Community/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=19047″Here is but one possibility. It is not a prediction, but a look at a series of not improbable events that could develop. Any similar government desperation would change our economic world overnight.
“It is mid-year 2012. The country has officially been in recession since the end of 2010. Many believe that it never recovered from what began in 2008. The word ‘depression’ is now almost commonplace.
“Trust in Congress has fallen to single digits. Similarly, government reports and statistics are increasingly mocked by the public. The media is likened to Pravda because only government-speak is allowed. Distrust, despair, and fear are everywhere.
“2012 Economic Scenario:
* Official unemployment numbers approach 14%. Unofficial estimates of unemployment range from 30%-35%. There are no signs of a turnaround in employment.
* The Dow-Jones average has hovered around 4,500 for the past month.
* Official GDP has been declining for four consecutive quarters. Independent analysts estimate the true numbers have been declining for two years.
* Tax collections continue to drop while federal spending accelerates. The deficit is expected to exceed $3 trillion. Federal debt now exceeds $16 trillion.
* The rate of foreclosures has doubled from the previous high in 2011. Personal and corporate bankruptcies have reached levels thought impossible.
* Major companies have left or announced intentions of leaving the U.S. to avoid the confiscatory taxes and regulations. College students, unable to find jobs, are emigrating to more favorable economies.
* California, Illinois, and several other states are in bankruptcy court. Almost a thousand municipalities have filed as well. Many states and municipalities are using IOUs for payments.
* Welfare and unemployment checks are two months behind on average. Social Security checks and Medicare reimbursements are delayed. Some private pension funds have reduced their payments by 10%-25%.
* Hospitals and doctors refuse to see Medicare patients until federal reimbursements, already eight months behind schedule, are paid.
* Public unions across the country are on strike. Large areas are without teachers, police, firemen, or hospital staff.
* Food stamps are rejected at grocery stores because of slow reimbursement and government default risk.
* Martial law has been imposed in several cities to counter rioting and looting.
* Isolated runs on banks have occurred. Mattress-stuffing is considered less risky than zero-interest returns from banks.
* The dollar is rejected by local merchants around the world. Oil is priced in a weighted basket of currencies of which only 20% represents dollars.
* Foreign disinvestment in Treasuries has been accelerating as a result of trade wars, concerns of default and the desperate need for funding at home.
* Gold is selling at $2,800 per ounce.
“Despite incredible money-creation, the deflationary spiral continues. Banks continue to add more excess reserves. Creditworthy borrowers refuse to borrow. People and businesses everywhere have hunkered down, waiting for the next shoe to drop. Many withdraw funds from the banking system in fear of its collapse.
“It is against this backdrop that the President of the United States appears with a major economic announcement. . . .” Full Article
Weâ€™re headed off the cliff, and we need to draw a line in the sand and stand with God. Let us learn from our past mistakes and move forward with dignity and boldness. Do everything that is “honoring to the Lord.” As God requires, continue to grow in the faith.
I have no idea why it seems that God called out a man named Glenn Beck. As an Evangelical Christian, I can see by his deeds why Beck said yes to the Lord. And like Moses who was reluctant to take on the job of leading the children of Israel to the promised land, Beck continues to put one foot before the other. American conservatives want to restore honor to our country. We’re all about helping others to live a better life while we are here on this earth. America will see her better days once again if we will only humble ourselves and pray and seek His face.
Marie Jon is a political/religious-based writer and founder of www.DrawingClose.org â€” a sister website to RenewAmerica. Marie extends her hand of welcome; visit DrawingClose and receive your free gift of salvation by taking an online Bible study.
Marie’s writings have appeared on many sites, including ABCNews.com, USATODAY.com,The Huffington Post, and The Wall Street Journal.com, to name a few. Marie brings a refreshing and spirited point of view that is reflected in her writings. Marie is a nurse, a lay student of the Bible. Marie enjoys Townhall.com radio, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity