Views on the News – 2/9/2013
By: David Coughlin
Rush Limbaugh declared that there is no resistance to Obama, but Rush said that sooner or later, something will turn it around, and in reality it already has. We the People, in the form of the TEA Party, are still here. Though severely wounded, extremely discouraged, brutally battered, devastatingly betrayed, and soundly rejected, we the resistance survived and are poised for battle. We cried, we moped, and many, in a moment of frustration and hopelessness, temporarily gave up. We are human. Our pain is great. But when the dust cleared, and upon stabilizing our emotions, patriots defaulted back to what motivated them to join the resistance four years ago…love. Love for the greatest nation on the planet, and a burning desire not to allow it to be transformed into an abomination of the vision of our Founding Fathers. No, Mr. President, not on our watch! Someone wisely said, “Pray for help, but swim for home!” In other words, along with praying for our nation, the resistance/patriots are organizing and preparing, everyone doing his part to restore America to the constitutional principles of individual liberty and freedom on which our country was founded. The TEA Party movement organized Day of Resistance rallies across America protesting Obama’s agenda on February 23rd. God, Guns and the Constitution national town hall meetings are happening across America. Strategically ignored by the liberal media, a huge pro-life rally took place a few weeks ago. Resistance to Obama is out there, folks. Karl Rove coming out of the closet and announcing that the GOP is at war with the TEA Party could be a gift from God, serving to fire up demoralized patriots. So yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus (Barack Obama), and yes, Rush Limbaugh, there is resistance to the Obama Santa Claus: the TEA Party!
(“Yes Rush, There Is Resistance to Obama!” by Lloyd Marcus dated February 7, 2013 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/02/yes_rush_there_is_resistance_to_obama.html )
We are presently witnessing our present form of Socialist Marxist Liberal Democrat rule, the total sellout of our elected government, which is slowly strangling and absorbing our precious rights in the name of robbing Peter and giving it to Paul. Obama’s stubborn attitude of relinquishing nothing, compounded with total ignorance relating to the concerns and wishes of the majority, proves he is either a fool or a strong believer. He is willing to risk his Presidency for the absurd ultimate rhetoric and anti-American philosophy of re-distributing the wealth of all its citizens, including all policies, bills and procedures geared in creating a Socialistic / Communistic society. Unfortunately the American electorate with help from the Republican / Conservative babies that took their bat and ball and stayed home handed him his re-election on a silver platter. Romney rehired the same brain trust that mismanaged the McCain campaign to manage his campaign, and received the same lame results. Naturally, you will always have the walking dead and mindless zombies that will vote for an openly announced Liberal Democrat, Marxist, Socialistic candidate, even if their names were Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. It is totally understandable when their livelihood of full and complete government entitlements are at risk, and voting against the Liberal Democrat status quo, might be a hazard to ones free ride in life, living off the blood, sweat, and tears of someone else. They true believers in the Messiah complex or a twenty-first century Moses syndrome, leave us out of the capitalistic desert of greed, dishonesty and enslavement and into the fantasized promised land of “Total Liberal Dominance” with our freedoms completely stripped, with complete federal takeover of all private businesses and services, destroying our unalienable rights, manipulating our health, our wealth and our dignity, abolishing any sacred principles relating to a government of, by, and for the people. These counter-productive hidden Progressives must be taken seriously, and must never be disregarded since their empty rhetoric and spin easily sway the uninformed, uneducated and the disinterested, by convincing them to join their instability. They are true fanatics, in every sense of the word that will drink the Kool Aid, if given the word from their leadership. They are dangerous, and have no remorse or respect for life liberty and the pursuit of happiness because they believe in total control. “Fool me once shame on you, “Fool me twice shame on me” and the shame after this past Presidential election is definitely on us.
(“Fooled Us Once Again” by William Frasca dated February 2, 2013 published by Intellectual Conservative at http://intellectualconservative.com/index.php/fooled-us-once-again )
Less than a month after Obama’s second inauguration, Americans are already mired in a foul mood, as the real economic situation is revealed from the fog of electoral spin. This national emotion is understandable given the economic facts and politics, as surprising new figures revealed a stagnant and further sagging economy. A new Pew poll found a majority of Americans say Washington actually poses a threat to their “personal rights and freedoms.” Most Americans now feel at least somewhat scared of what the government could do to them, and 31% see Washington as a “major threat.” Americans are not happy with many conditions under this Democrat White House.
· The new Gallup survey found only one in five Americans (20%) are somewhat or very satisfied with the economy, down 27 points since the same 2005 Gallup survey.
· Only one-in-four Americans are satisfied with the way the country is going.
· Satisfaction with national policies to address crime and violence has fallen to 41%, down 16 points in the same time-frame.
· Satisfaction with the country’s policies in world affairs is 44%.
· Satisfaction with policies on federal taxes dropped two points to 36%.
· Satisfaction with efforts to address poverty and homelessness are 25%.
· Energy policy satisfaction is down two points to 37%.
· Satisfaction with the country’s race relations declined three points to just 50%.
· Satisfaction with public education basically held steady at 41%.
· Views on the abortion issue remain at 44% very or somewhat satisfied.
The area Americans are most united in satisfaction levels (74%) is the nation’s military strength and preparedness, despite looming Pentagon spending cuts up to $1 trillion. The second highest satisfaction level Gallup found is “security from terrorism.” This general malaise is reminiscent of a previous Democrat President and does not bode well for the future of this administration, as Americans have a very special message for the federal government: “Don’t tread on me.”
(“Americans are most dissatisfied with Obama’s economy, happiest with the military” by Andrew malcom dated January 31, 2013 published by Investor’s Business Daily at http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-malcolm/013113-642618-gallup-poll-americans-unhappy-about-most-things.htm
“Americans to Washington: Don’t tread on me” by Aaron Blake dated February 1, 2013 published by The Washington Post at http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/02/01/americans-to-washington-dont-tread-on-me/ )
Common sense is both a noun and an adjective and as a noun, common sense, good judgment, is becoming a rare and precious commodity in our world today, especially from Washington politicians; thus, it describes little of what comes out of our nation’s capital. Barack Obama has a habit of mis-using the term to describe tyrannical, unconstitutional dictates that our federal government is currently shoving in the faces of the American people. When considering all the lawless legislation and extra-constitutional executive orders of the last four years, common sense is the very last thing that comes to mind:
· Where is the “common sense” in Obama’s desire to gut our God-given right of self defense by disarming the potential victims?
· Where is the “common sense” in turning our nation’s immigration policies out to pasture and turning criminal aliens into bona fide (Democrat-voting) American citizens?
· Where is the “common sense” in our boundless, monster federal government commandeering our nation’s health care system under the guise of providing “quality, affordable” health care for all? “ObamaCare,” socialized medicine, is not about health care; it’s about control of the people, just as all communist policies are.
· Where is the “common sense” in the federal government that continues to over-spend? Obviously our nation cannot afford to do this, but that is part of the plan: bankrupt America, and then insist on stealing ever more “revenue” to “pay for” the “ObamaCare” and other lawless spending and borrowing by the goons in Washington.
· Where is the “common sense” in Obama’s destruction of our military? Where is the common sense in pushing open homosexuality on our troops? Where is the common sense in allowing women on front line combat? Where is the “common sense” in declaring that America is going to get rid of our nuclear weapons while the rest of the world (including criminal nations like North Korea and Iran) does no such thing?
· Where is the “common sense” in allowing an illegal federal bureaucracy, the Nixon-approved Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), to behave like some kind of retrovirus that attacks our nation’s own energy supplies with crippling, lawless “regulations” on energy companies and large businesses? Where is the “common sense” in the ruse that these regulations are designed to combat the tyrannical hoax of man-made global warming, when in reality, they are designed to strip Americans of their freedoms?
· Where is the “common sense” in providing America’s war planes, tanks and billions of our dollars to our enemies in the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt? It helps that Barack Hussein Obama is the highest-ranking Islamist sympathizer in our federal government.
We have seen policies and dictates that not only lack “common sense,” but that are malicious to the American Republic and the freedoms of the American people. This is by design, the point being “fundamentally transforming the United States of America,” since communists like Barack Obama are never happy as long as freedom exists.
(“Common Sense Hijacked for Obama Propaganda” by Gina Miller dated February 5, 2013 published by American Clarion at http://www.americanclarion.com/16986/2013/02/05/common-sense-hijacked-for-obama-propaganda/ )
Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s call for a series of imputed “rights” in his State of the Union address in 1944, and now we have Obama resurrecting this failed concept to reinterpret the Constitution and expand the size and reach of federal government. The original “rights” written in the Constitution are God-given. The Constitution was written to identify the limitations of the federal government and not what the federal government could do, so called “positive rights.” FDR wanted Congress to enact legislation that would embed these “rights” in his Second Bill of Rights in legislation. The “rights” that Roosevelt wanted (with the inference that Obama wants the same things) to have the force of law:
· The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation.
· The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation.
· The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living.
· The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad.
· The right of every family to a decent home.
· The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health.
· The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident and unemployment.
· The right to a good education.
As with ObamaCare, the devil would be in the details. The question is how do you assess subjective measures, such as useful, enough, adequate, decent, fair, and good. There are so many questions and so few answers provided. Even though it was the brainchild or Roosevelt, the Second Bill of Rights’ soaring cadences are right up Obama’s alley. The sum and substance of these positive rights where ideas sound absolutely wonderful but in the final analysis say absolutely nothing and are not objective or measurable without overwhelming “politician speak” to interpret.
(“A Second Bill of Rights, or just another Bill of Goods” by Jim Yardley dated February 2, 2013 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/02/a_second_bill_of_rights_or_just_another_bill_of_goods.html )
The US economy had been stagnating ever since the recovery technically began in June 2009 because from that point forward, the workforce declined and jobs failed to materialize in large enough numbers to keep pace with population growth. The disconnect between politics and reality reached its apex in the President’s inaugural speech, which mentioned the word “economy” once, and jobs only twice. Barack Obama talked about renewable energy, climate change, and gay rights, but somehow skipped over the entire issue of job creation and economic expansion. While Washington opened a long-delayed debate on immigration reform and the Department of Defense started another on women in combat, the Bureau of Economic Analysis dropped a bombshell on the media in its advance report of economic growth in the fourth quarter of 2012. The American economy contracted for the first time in nearly four years, with a GDP growth rate of -0.1%. The Obama administration hasn’t focused on job growth since the 2009 stimulus package, which failed at even maintaining the workforce participation levels of June 2009 when the economy stopped contracting after the Great Recession. As jobs decrease, so does economic dynamism, and potential growth. It is small wonder that many Americans still consider jobs and the economy to be their biggest concerns. The Jobs Council was created in the aftermath of the 2010 midterm elections after the President got punished for a lack of focus on the stagnating economy and prolonged joblessness. The council hasn’t met in over a year and has only met four times since it was created, and now it has announced that it is being dissolved. The fourth quarter GDP report should be a wake-up call and the 1992 mantra still applies: “it’s still the economy, stupid” and this administration still hasn’t focused on it at all.
(“Someone Should Tell Obama It’s Still the Economy” by Edward Morrissey dated January 30, 2013 published by The Fiscal Times at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2013/01/30/Someone-Should-Tell-Obama-Its-Still-the-Economy.aspx )
David Coughlin is a political pundit, editor of the policy action planning web site “Return to Common Sense,” and an active member of the White Plains Tea Party. He retired from IBM after a short career in the U.S. Army. He currently resides with his wife of 40 years in Hawthorne, NY. He was educated at West Point (Bachelor of Science, 1971) and the University of Alabama in Huntsville (Masters, Administrative Science, 1976).