Three Questions...

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Posted by J. J. Jackson @ 10:16 PM


Jeff Blanco at Louisiana Conservative has a post up asking 3 questions and he asked me to respond so I did.

Question #1. "Considering the Nick Berg cruel and malicious slaughter, what should we do concerning Iraq?"


What should we do? We should do what we are doing, but (in the words of Emril) “Kick it up a notch!” We’ve been too light handed considering this is a war. We pussy footed around in Falujah and other places. It appears at times that the administration of President Bush is more interested in a political and public relations balancing act than fighting a war. Long story short, this is the same thing that turned Vietnam into a quagmire.

I don’t think we need to be cruel and I am not even remotely suggesting that we start being careless. What I am saying, and have been saying, is that the rules of war are set by the aggressor. If they want to shoot at us from a mosque, drop a daisy cutter on it and we’ll build them a new one later. But only if they stop shooting at us.

If you aren’t willing to kill an enemy that is willing to die for their God, you will lose.

From talking with soldiers in Iraq and other people as well I believe that 75% of the country is with us. But that is not a reason go lightly on the other 25%. I also have come to believe that most of the 75% that are with us are not really sure what to do and this leads to many more problems as well.

Question #2 "Should American soldiers be given more liberty for their self defense?"

I honestly can’t say that I know what kinds of liberty they currently have. Having said that, the policy should be that if someone attacks our boys and girls we need to adopt the James West approach “Shoot first, shoot again, shoot some more, and then when everyone's dead, try and ask a question or two.”

It might be a little over the top, I agree. However this is war. War is not pretty. War is not neat. To win you have to kill your enemy or at least enough of them that the rest decide it aint worth it!

You want to see Iraqis policing their own fast and furious? You let them know that if you are a woman and you let Mohammed stand behind you and fire at our troops we will drop you first and him second. Nothing gets a person to change their tune quicker than self-preservation.

Question #3 "Do you think that either presidential candidate is serious in the effort against terrorism?"

I think that President Bush is serious and passionate about it. I also however think that he is a politician. The two rarely mix well. President Bush has some serious flaws on other issues, but I do believe that he is firmly committed to the “War on Terror” even when he does allow politics to sidetrack him.

My fear is that he will out think himself or “over coach” the situation. And not just him, but the entire chain of command as well. Every time something bad happens it is normal to react to it. But sometimes you overreact and don’t do what it best because you are afraid of making another mistake. You get conservative.

I think President Bush and the command structure has done this. It seems that they are trying to coast to the June 30th deadline and then breathe a sigh of relief once that is accomplished. In my opinion it is distracting them and they aren’t getting out there and doing what needs to be done.

Al Sadr is the prime example of this. In my opinion there is no reason why this man is still breathing.

Do the job, screw the politics. In the words of Commander Riker/Zephram Cochrane "Don't try to be a great man ... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."


--------------------
More of my thoughts on the War on Terror:
Find the Will to Fight
Not Learning Our Lessons
When Leftists Whine (Part 3)


Leave a comment if you like! *Note if you are a left wing, tin hat wearing, pro-Marxist loon that likes to post "anonymously" you will be treated like the kook you are!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Support the Troops T-shirts & Apparel American Eagle
$1.00 from each purchase is donated to the Unmet Needs Program
archives
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005

Support Our Troops